Senior Product Designer
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness accessible to the entire world, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission. On the product & design team, we are responsible for delivering Calm to our customers, ensuring that it is easy to use, supportive of their goals, and of high quality across web, iOS, Android.
This role will be for building user experiences on our Core Experience consumer app team. They will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing to plan efforts to bring new customers to Calm. We are looking for someone with some prior web and/or growth experience along with the ability to flex to mobile as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead projects on the core experience team and build mobile designs that drive impact.
- Take pride in helping design be easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward-thinking with approachability.
- Passion for collaborating and coordinating across teams.
- Build working relationships, and develop new processes with cross-functional partners across Product Management, User Research, and Engineering.
- Produce variants and iterations on web landing pages.
- Bring data into your decision-making and rationale, understanding how your work is performing with a literacy of the measures being applied to it.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Operate within an already established Design System used by millions of customers. Ensuring our design and engineering teams are best set up to work efficiently with one another, while pushing for innovation where necessary.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
Who You Are:
- Prior experience working on a consumer mobile app.
- Proficiency in designing UX and UI for mobile experiences.
- Passionate about consistency, continuity, accessibility, and quality in Product Design. You bring these passions forward by shipping effective product solutions that meet customer and business needs.
- You are consistently communicating decision making that cascades across platforms.
- Proven track record for working closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers. Together, efficiently shipping quality and consistent interface patterns, components, and codified design language.
- Demonstrating prior use of qualitative and quantitative methods to validate design decisions and strategy. We believe in leveraging everything from user research to data analysis to help empower our decision-making.
- In-depth experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma, Zeplin, and Principle predominantly (not limited to that). Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
- 8+ years of experience with responsibilities of interface and user experience design for consumer-oriented products on mobile platforms.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $174,000-$243,600. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.