Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What We Do:
We are Calm Studios, Calm’s in-house creative agency. As a cross-functional team, we bring creative solutions to life, from concept to execution, in physical and digital forms. We’re small in size but big in ambition. We’re focused on building one of the world’s leading brands by sparking deep connections and nurturing lasting relationships with Calm. In order to achieve our goals, we’re looking for experienced, skilled, creative, and diverse candidates to join our team.
We spread our message across a variety of platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook/Meta, and Twitter, and we’re looking for someone great to take our design approach to new heights. If you’re looking to make an impact in the world of mental wellness through design, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a highly creative and versatile Designer to join Calm Studios. This role is integral to creating compelling design elements for various media, including video content, social media, marketing collateral, and in-app features.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, product, external partners, and other Calm Studios team members to conceptualize and develop innovative, on-brand design solutions for social media content, brand campaigns, and marketing materials.
- Work closely with video producers, editors, and animators to produce motion graphic assets for social media campaigns, including graphics for Instagram Stories, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Provide design support for internal teams, including the creation of visual aids and presentations.
- Stay updated on design trends and new technologies, ready to apply current and forward-thinking strategies and tactics across campaigns.
- Ensure that all designs adhere to Calm's brand guidelines.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with various departments.
Who You Are:
- Portfolio: An outstanding portfolio showcasing a strong understanding of design principles, including color theory, typography, and layout.
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency with Figma.
- Digital and Print Media: Versatility in designing for both digital and print media.
- Teamwork: Excellent communication skills for team collaboration.
- Adaptability: Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or a related field.
- Previous experience in tech, wellness, or a similar fast-paced industry.
- Knowledge of motion graphics or video editing is an advantage.
- Strong illustration skills are highly preferable but not required.
- Work experience in the Mental Health space
- Experience thriving in a remote-first company
- This role typically requires 5 years of related experience
We are hiring for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $102,300 - $143,200. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.