VP Benefits Broker / Consultant Relations
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What We Do:
Calm Business is an enterprise-level solution helping organizations and people leaders globally take a proactive and preventative approach to mental health in the workplace to improve employee productivity, engagement and overall well-being. Through Calm Business, employees and their dependents gain access to Calm — the #1 most trusted meditation, mindfulness and sleep app with a library of engaging and outcome-based content such as meditations, Sleep Stories, masterclasses and more.
What You’ll Do:
The VP Benefits Broker / Consultant Relations will support the Calm Business and Calm Health teams, primarily by leveraging their expertise in the Health Benefits Broker/ Consultant space to support the development and deployment of strategies to align Calm Business and Calm Health messaging, outreach, and interactions with the needs of Consultants and their clients.
- Expand awareness of Calm within benefits consulting and brokerage firms with a focus on creating trust that Calm can drive both engagement and outcomes within their employer populations
- Build and execute on Calm’s strategy for relationships with Consultants and Brokers that drives value and increases awareness
- Lead and grow a highly effective and productive Consultant/Broker Relationship Manager team
- Responsible for building and managing key relationships with large, strategic consulting houses and identifying opportunities for growth and increased partnership
- Design, build, and manage the execution of consultant and broker engagement strategies to increase the number of interactions within this population to ultimately drive revenue from this segment
- Collect market intelligence, competitive information, and thought leadership analysis from advisor resources and educate Calm Business, Heath Sales and Marketing teams accordingly
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience as an Employee Benefits Consultant or Broker focused on health and welfare benefits
- Understanding of and experience in health benefit strategy, procurement and implementation
- Ability to work within a fast paced hyper growth startup environment
- Focused on transparency, trust, and superb advisor and client experience
- This role typically requires 15+ years of relevant experience
The on-target earnings for this role is $325,000 - $375,000. The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's geographic location, experience, and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.