Business Development Representative
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm Business is an enterprise-level solution helping organizations and people leaders globally take a proactive and preventative approach to mental health in the workplace to improve employee productivity, engagement and overall well-being. Through Calm Business, employees and their dependents gain access to Calm — the #1 most trusted meditation, mindfulness and sleep app with a library of engaging and outcome-based content such as meditations, Sleep Stories, masterclasses and more.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What You’ll do:
We are looking for a successful and passionate Business Development Representative to play a critical role in generating qualified sales pipeline for our B2B sales team. You will do this by owning a specific geographic region where you manage inbound leads and outbound prospects into various companies to generate interest in Calm’s products and services.
Day-to-day responsibilities include outbound prospecting to enterprise companies, routing leads to Account Executives, and tracking various data points of success that will help optimize our sales efforts. This person should thrive in a fast-paced environment, and consistently ask for feedback to improve their skill set.
- Utilize a consistent contact attempt cadence via phone, email, and social media to nurture, qualify, and set appointments with new prospects into our targeted accounts
- Prospect, educate, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities that consistently convert into revenue
- Establish rapport with all levels of buyers at our top accounts, including senior executives and the C-suite.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections while cold calling and emailing
- Deeply understand the HR buyer’s challenges and effectively communicate Calm’s value proposition as a solution
- Follow the established pre-sales process and consistently use Salesforce to document prospect interaction ensuring efficient and clean pipeline management
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends to ensure you can act as a trusted resource to prospects and customers
Who You Are:
- Proven track record of success in outbound sales development with consistent over-achievement in monthly, quarterly, and annual quota goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Receptive and welcoming to feedback and coaching
- Bias for action
- Familiarity with Outreach.io and Salesforce or similar systems
- Experience generating new opportunities that convert into revenue
- History of hitting and exceeding daily and weekly activity metrics
- Previous success selling into HR and Benefits teams is a plus
- Experience with ZoomInfo, 6Sense, Sales Navigator, Drift, Orum, Gong, or other similar sales technologies
- Experience working on a “hybrid” team where BDRs own both inbound and outbound lead generation
- The role typically requires 2+ years of outbound sales development experience
The on-target earnings for this role are $95,000 annualized with a 70/30 split between base pay and incentive compensation ($66,500 base/$28,500 incentive). The exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience, and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.