Mid-Market Sales Manager
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm Business is an enterprise-level solution helping organizations and people leaders globally take a proactive and preventative approach to mental health in the workplace to improve employee productivity, engagement and overall well-being. Through Calm Business, employees and their dependents gain access to Calm — the #1 most trusted meditation, mindfulness and sleep app with a library of engaging and outcome-based content such as meditations, Sleep Stories, masterclasses and more.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the Central and Eastern time zones. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What You’ll Do:
Calm’s Mid-Market Account Executive team is on a mission to improve employee wellness by partnering with mid-sized employers to bring Calm to their workforce. This segment contributes greatly to overall revenue generation by managing a complex deal cycle and successfully closing business. As the Mid-Market Sales Manager, you would guide a team of Mid-Market Account Executives to exceed quarterly and annual sales goals, while motivating and guiding the team to success. This person will be responsible for hiring, developing, and coaching Mid-Market sales professionals to effectively prospect for new business as well as seek ways to upsell existing customers. Furthermore, you would work closely with sales stakeholders to optimize our sales strategy and help make Mid-Market sales a significant driver toward our ramp to a $100 million in annual recurring revenue.
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales leader who can thoughtfully guide, develop, and coach a team of new business account executives while driving excellence in pipeline management in the HR and benefits departments. With 5+ years of quota-carrying sales leadership experience, a successful candidate must be able to inspire their team to be the best they can be, both personally and professionally.
- Motivate & inspire a team to exceed aggressive sales targets
- Collaboratively contribute to overall sales management & strategies across all segments
- Provide strong guidance to the team while motivating the entire Mid-Market team in all aspects of the sales process
- Optimize and improve sales motions in the Mid-Market space, leveraging data to drive judgment
- Contribute to the Calm Business’s product roadmap, specifically helping to productize solutions for our B2B customers and partners
- Create and enhance outbound activities to drive pipeline growth
- Prioritize new and existing leads flow through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Identify and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure consistent success across all members of the team
- Reinforce consistent usage & adoptions of sales productivity tools such as SFDC and Gong
- Provide a feedback loop for market intelligence and competitive information
- Foster a customer-centric, consultative approach with our customers to ensure a best-in-class experience from start to finish
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal and external teams
Who You Are:
- Strong history of people management and proclivity toward collaborative team leadership
- Ability to work within a fast-paced hyper-growth, remote startup environment
- Team-focused and results-oriented
- Creative about pipeline growth for new and existing customers
- Strong sales stage and pipeline management acumen
- Startup and lean sales model experience
- Sensibly curious and highly collaborative
- Problem solver and intelligent risk taker
- Managing stakeholder buy-in and cross-functional collaboration
- Strong communicator with solid business acumen
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiastic and passionate about people, teams, and company
- Inspirational coach, mentor, and leader
- Hype-focused on client success and engagement
- Team player that is able to work with lots of people in different regions
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for selling wellness, meditation and health resources
- Prior success in selling to HR and Benefits teams
- 10+ years of sales experience
- 5+ years of quota-carrying sales leadership experience selling a B2B product
The on target earnings for this role are $285,000 annualized with a 50/50 split between base pay and incentive compensation. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience, and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.