Lead Software Engineer - Sportsbook
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a Lead Software Engineer working for our Sportsbook vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products as we build out an exciting and innovative customer experience within the fast paced and growing sports betting environment. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of your product and technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas. You are considered a technical leader on your team. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives. You take the long-term view. You consider where each system is at in its life cycle and where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies. You can take the lead on new initiatives and large projects that require the work of your team. You know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other software engineers and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch. You enjoy coaching and developing other software engineers' technical skills.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance
- Write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards
- Work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus)
- Actively recruit and help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring in your organization (or at your location)
- Provide technical assessments for promotion to Sr. SE & Lead SE
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices
- Ensure your team is stronger because of your presence but does not require your presence to be successful
- You provide excellent customer support on an on-call rotation where required
- Most importantly, you are humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm. You’re responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems
- Understanding of modern architectures, design patterns, and platform nuances
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms
- Expert in at least one modern programming language e.g. Java or any OO programming languages
- Experience working with a high concurrency/high transactional/highly available platform;
- Ability to understand the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the consumer and business;
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. shell scripts
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
- Experience in shipping high quality products and services within the Web, Mobile, and/or Connected Devices spaces
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- You’re passionate about the fast-paced, innovative, and growing Sports Betting industry
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?