Senior Software Engineer - Java
FanDuel – who we are
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Right now, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Free to Play Team. You will be working on creating engaging free-to-enter games providing users with the opportunity to win real prizes and play a pivotal part as a technical lead, taking ownership of architecture and influencing best practice.
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons.
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created.
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work.
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
What you’ll do:
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
In this role, you will be working on FanDuel’s Free to Play Team and creating engaging free-to-enter games. Our F2P games get nation-wide exposure and attract millions of entries per year. Our Software Engineering Teams push 10’s of releases to production per day through our automated CI/CD pipelines and closely collaborate with Product, Design, and QE colleagues daily to solve complex problems.
What you’ll bring:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Skilled in Java and ideally SpringBoot
- Experience working with AWS cloud based infrastructure and technologies
- Good grasp on relational, non relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation, ideally Kubernetes (K8s)
What you’ll get:
We treat our team right
Join an open and collaborative organisation who value and respect each other and are committed to driving real growth. Help build great products that fans love and refine your game through our mentorship and professional development.
- Take advantage of our excellent work/life balance through flexible working and holiday policy
- Work from our modern technology hubs in Edinburgh or Glasgow or remotely (UK)
- Excellent benefits and bonus program
- The latest technology and hardware provided
- 10% time back to focus on your personal learning and development
The requirements listed in our job description are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we’d love to speak with you.
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Something looks off?