Studio Operator - Freelance
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Studio Operator is the liaison for the department for studio-related functions. Perform a variety of tasks related to live, pre-recorded, studio and field production, all in support of multiple 24x7 TV broadcast channels and OTT platforms. Primary duties include, but are not limited to operation of television cameras, lighting equipment, audio equipment and intercoms during live shows.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Setup and operate different types of television/video cameras and associated equipment, including studio and remote cameras, Jib crane and a multi-camera robotic system.
- Operate lighting control system and make adjustments.
- Operate video control (shading) equipment.
- Operate teleprompter equipment.
- Move, setup and teardown equipment including sets and props.
- Takes direction from control room team for content assignment.
- Act as floor director and liaison between actors/talent, producers and directors
- Provide visual cues to talent and guests during studio/remote operations.
- Performs other cross training tasks, as assigned, including, but not limited to the following areas; Studio Operator, Master Control operator and, Playback, TOC Operator
- Develop, write and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department.
- Quality checks and adjusts video/audio signal levels for optimum quality.
- Able to complete tasks and projects with strict deadlines.
- Perform same/similar duties on remote broadcasts, as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal proactive, communication and collaborative skills and the ability to work effectively, professionally.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 1 year overall broadcast operations experience at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related activities
- Strong Knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital/high-definition video/audio signals and monitoring equipment.
- Assist with implementing process efficiencies in the following areas: equipment management, operational procedures and team building efforts.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. un-assisted of technical and or set gear.
- Ability to work well in a broadcast team environment under strict time deadlines.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $25.00/hr – $31.25/hr, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off and 13 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
Something looks off?