Technical Director - Freelance
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Technical Director performs a variety of tasks related to live, pre-recorded, studio and field production; all in support of multiple 24x7 TV broadcast channels and OTT platforms. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, responsibility for all facets of video production projects and daily operation of video switching and special effects equipment.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Operates all video switching and special effects equipment for TV and OTT production primarily in a live studio environment
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cleanly switching multi-camera productions while managing the stage monitor fills
- Works with show director and production teams on the proper technical video switcher setups for each show as a liaison between producers, directors, clients and technical crew to facilitate the TV production process
- Prepares show animations and switcher readiness
- Works with Technical Operations Center (TOC), and Remote Sites to ensure remote feeds are properly setup
- Operates routing equipment which may require patching of video, audio and other signals
- Setup and operate different types of television/video cameras and associated equipment, including studio and remote cameras, Jib crane and a multi-camera robotic system
- Operates lighting control system and make adjustments as needed
- Responsible for the operation of video control (shading) equipment
- Interface with the Engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues
- Lend creative input to Production staff where appropriate to enhance production value
- Manages and configure video signal flow and overall visual design
- Responsible for proper setup and configuration of video switchers with graphics for new shows or updated shows.
- Develop, write and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department
- Communicate frequently and effectively with show production staff regarding technical requirements
- Perform same/similar duties on remote broadcasts, as assigned
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Technical Director in broadcast operations at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related environment
- Working knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital/high definition video/audio signals and monitoring equipment
- Understanding of peripheral device control
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. un-assisted of technical and or set gear
- Ability to work well in a broadcast team environment, including talent, producers and directors, under strict time deadlines
- Possess working knowledge of all studio equipment and technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of weekends and holidays
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $38.46/hr – $57.69/hr, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off and 13 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
Something looks off?