Lead DevOps Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. We are looking for an exceptional Lead DevOps Engineer to deliver game-changing improvements for FanDuel.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Take active part in the production problem root cause investigation, identification, and resolution (where necessary);
- Maintain, improve and troubleshoot our core systems used by several teams, some of those are AWS, Storm, Nimbus, Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, Brooklin, etc.;
- Preventive monitoring;
- Define, implement and maintain Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Iteratively improve monitoring & alerting
- Reduce Toil;
- Reduce or eliminate manual/repetitive tasks
- Improving the resilience and reliability of the systems to reduce or eliminate manual intervention on service recovery
- Design, develop and/or implement tools that will help the team(s) to perform their work more efficiently;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technological stack;
- Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with SRE and DevOps methodologies
- Good Linux systems administration & Networking knowledge
- Experience on configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef
- Ability to debug and optimize code on at lexast one of the following programming languages: Python, Golang, Ruby or Scala
- Familiar with CD/CI pipelines comprising Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Go, Ansible, and more
- Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable public /private cloud environment (e.g. AWS, OpenStack, Azure)
- Nice to have hands-on knowledge of container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift);
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem-solving.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?