User Experience Research Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a UX Research manager within FanDuel you will manage our core product and experiences and Sportsbook verticals on an organizational and tactical level and leads team projects and goals with medium-high scope and/or ambiguity.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manages 1-3 team members on an organisational and tactical level.
- Leads team projects and goals with medium-high scope and/or ambiguity.
- Educates the team and stakeholders on UX & Design best practices.
- Responsible for organising a small product vertical or team sub-set and shares some responsibility for quality with any Leads or Principals.
- Starts assigned tasks and moves forward projects with little to no instruction.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and works on solutions to meet schedules and goals.
- Develops new approaches for tackling a problem, using known methods, and anticipating problems.
- Leads and facilitates stream meetings (including non-UX&D meetings).
- Contributes to team meetings.
- Participates in application review, case study and experience review, and live exercise sessions.
- Receives coaching in behavioural skills and people management.
- Learning to give quality, timely, objective feedback.
- Coaches team members in technical skills.
- Helps onboard new team members.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Owns BAU projects, as well as continuing to execute in their discipline.
- Works closely with other Managers to align on consistency of patterns and processes across areas.
- Is excited to learn and improve constantly as a people manager.
- Has contributed to multiple projects on multiple shipped products and demonstrated the relevant behaviours and functional knowledge during those projects.
- Has completed manager training.
- Trained in best practices of hiring.
- Has a solid foundation of a professional network.
- Proficient in all areas of their discipline.
- Consistently committed to adherence and investment in the design system, UX & Design operations and customer intelligence.
- Works in a partnership with product, engineering, and delivery leaders for their area and organises the coverage of their team.
- Communicates rationale to partners.
- Develops persuasion techniques.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?