ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organization. As a Data Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of our vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every touchdown, every fumble, and every play into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better and faster decisions – outplaying our competition.
In this role, you will partner with the engineering teams building our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us organize, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Creating and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Designing and implementing data pipelines required in the data warehouse and data lake in batch or real-time using data transformation technologies.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Designing and deploying data models and views with large datasets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Delivering data integration solutions to downstream marketing and campaign software
- Delivering quality production-ready code in an agile environment
- Delivering test plans, monitoring, debugging and technical documents as a part of development cycle
- Creating data tools for analytics and working with stakeholders across all departments to assist with data-related technical issues and supporting their data infrastructure needs
- Machine learning and data science
- Business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Knime, Looker)
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks.
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Knowledge with languages such as Python, Java, SQL, and/or shell scripts.
- Experience as a data engineer in a machine learning environment (recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence).
- Hands on experience with ML frameworks and libraries (Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow, LightGBM, Keras), data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Modeling and querying data using SQL and DBT.
- Processing event-based data using streaming technologies such as AWS Kinesis and Kafka for ML pipelines.
- Working with other members of the ML platform team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces and microservices).
- Developing and contributing to a ML feature store for downstream operational teams.
- Designing and building data pipelines for production level ML infrastructure, using tools such as TFX, Kubernetes, Kubeflow Pipelines, TensorFlow.
- Deploying ML models under the constraints of scalability, correctness and maintainability.
- Implementing open-source data quality frameworks for data profiling and observability.
- Experience demonstrating technical leadership working with teams, owning projects, defining and setting technical direction for projects.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?