Senior Tax Associate
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for an experienced tax professional to join the FanDuel Tax Department in a hybrid role that will be based out of our New York City office. The Senior Tax Associate will assist the FanDuel Group Tax Team with all tax-related matters for the entire FanDuel US group and TSG US group. Responsibilities include playing a key role within various tax compliance processes, assisting with tax planning opportunities across all areas of tax, and helping to create, document, and improve internal processes and controls. This role will also be responsible for building and refining complex tax workpapers and models while also having the opportunity to help expand the use of automation throughout the Tax function. The Senior Tax Associate will work closely with business functions throughout the company far more than in other industries in addition to regularly partnering with the International Tax Team at Flutter Entertainment.
FanDuel is committed to cultivating an inclusive culture that is dedicated to tailoring growth opportunities to each employee based on their unique background and skills. To this end, the FanDuel Tax Team prides itself on fostering a highly collaborative work environment with a particular focus on ensuring every member of the team has access to opportunities for professional development and career advancement. This role represents an exciting opportunity to shape the future of your career while helping to devise the tax positions and processes across both US operating groups and the online gaming industry at large in a fast-paced and rapidly growing marketplace.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Drive key elements of the income tax compliance process
- Prepare and maintain key elements of the tax accounting and provisioning processes
- Co-own a variety of ancillary tax processes (e.g., sales taxes, business property taxes, local business tax filings, vendor contract review, etc.) as well as the tax notice resolution process
- Build/refine multifaceted tax workpapers and models
- Collobrate to identify and implement potential process improvements across the entire Tax function
- Partner with the FanDuel Risk Management Team to continue documenting all relevant tax processes and controls
- Liaise with international, federal, state, and local taxing authorities
- Assist with tax audit defense workstreams across all tax types
- Contribute on a wide variety of tax planning projects across all of the product lines and business functions within both US operating groups
- Work closely with the International Tax Team at Flutter Entertainment
- Assist with the wagering, gaming, and daily fantasy sports tax compliance and reporting processes
- Help manage relationships with the other internal business functions, external strategic partners, and our tax and legal advisors
- Assist with the informational reporting and withholding processes (i.e., 1099, 1042, and W-2G reporting) with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Identify opportunities to expand the use of automation throughout the Tax function
- Assist the VP of Tax’s strategy workstreams that sit outside the Tax function
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another similar business field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional US corporate tax experience
- CPA certification required (or must be in-pursuit at a minimum)
- Experience with income tax compliance and planning is strongly preferred
- Experience with tax accounting and provisioning (e.g., ASC 740, IFRS 12) is strongly preferred
- Experience in the technology, gaming, sports, and/or media industries is a major plus
- Experience working for a company that operates in a highly regulated environment (e.g., banking, telecom, infrastructure, etc.) is a major plus
- Experience with tax provisioning software (e.g., OneSource Tax Provision, CorpTax) and/or Oracle is a major plus
- Experience with analytic tools and languages (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, SQL) is a plus
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong Excel skills with a desire to continually maintain and improve those skills
- Must be data driven with the ability to bring strong analytical rigor to decision-making with a focus on getting the right answer
- Must be open to learning about new areas of tax and financial reporting (via internal trainings and continuing professional education courses)
- Must have excellent organizational skills and time/project management skills
- Must aspire to continually improve verbal and written communication skills
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $92,000 to $127,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
Something looks off?