FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Within this full-stack team, you’ll be working on evolving FanDuel’s suite of performant & scalable back-end services, whose responsibility includes the main consumer facing API for Sportsbook! This involves developing business critical features for the suite of services that deliver the data to the Sportsbook application.
Our software engineering teams work in an Agile environment to push multiple releases to production per day through our automated CI/CD pipelines. You’ll also collaborate closely with our product, design and quality engineering teams on a daily basis.
Day-to-day you can expect to:
- Focus primarily on our customer facing API, which delivers CMS content to our industry leading Sportsbook application (web and mobile)
- Support the engineering of new features for the Sportsbook application
- Work with the AWS cloud platform, as well as DevOps tools such as Kubernetes and Terraform
- Carry out root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting
What We’re Looking For
You should have experience in most of the following:
- Tools/technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Datadog
- AWS cloud platform technologies
- API engineering technologies
- Effective use of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Distributed system engineering concepts (load balancing, caching etc.)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter screen (30 mins)
- Competency interview (1 hour)
- Technical paired programming exercise (1 hour)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.
Something looks off?