Sports Trader (Football)
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Sports Traders at FanDuel are the people behind the odds that our customers bet on. We utilize stats, in-house models, industry news and our opinions to help formulate what we believe are the most accurate odds, and then manage those odds throughout their lifecycle. This includes moving prices when breaking news hits or using our in-house models to move prices live during games. We don’t expect anyone to walk in the door and know everything at the start, so we take our training seriously and make sure that the successful candidate is well supported, but you can’t get the role if you don’t throw your hat in the ring!
We are looking for people who are passionate and knowledgeable about Football (either NCAAF or NFL... or both!) and to put it simply, are good with numbers. If you have a high attention to detail, are calm under pressure and LOVE football then we can teach you the rest.
Being able to work in a team, stay organized and keeping our customers front of mind are also valuable skills to have.
This role is a hybrid position that involves an office presence as well as the ability to work from home. At the start of your role, we require most days to be in the office to help with training. Our office is located in Jersey City, next to the Newport PATH and just across from Manhattan.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- In time, you will be able to compile your own odds on a range of different markets using statistics and trends. For example, helping to determine the price for each player to score the first touchdown.
- You will monitor our prices and make moves where necessary, taking into consideration things like player news, customer behavior, industry prices, etc.
- You will learn how to use our sports models to fluctuate our odds throughout the game depending on what is happening in that game at the time.
- Collaborate with various teams around the business to manage things like our liabilities, our onsite display and ensuring we remain compliant across our different jurisdictions.
- Our customers are the most important thing to us, so coming up with new markets for them to bet on, settling their bets in a timely manner and all aspects of their experience are going to be an important part of this role for you. An example of a new market that traders recently came up with was First Player to Catch a Pass (in the game).
- Crunch numbers to identify trends and then make changes off the back of your findings.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- In-depth knowledge of NCAAF or NFL (or both), knowledge and interest in other sports are always helpful too.
- Ability to do basic and mental math problems under time pressure.
- Able to attend the Jersey City office multiple times a week.
- It’s important to understand how odds relate to probability (%), and how betting markets work in that sense. But you do not have to bet yourself.
- Strong written, verbal communication and research skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, feel free to apply if graduating soon.
- Experience with Excel essential; knowledge of SQL, R or Python is helpful not a necessity.
- Free schedule to work outside of normal business hours including weekends (especially during football season) and the very occasional late shift (2-10pm)
- The ability to achieve a DGE license.
- Happy to watch and analyze football every day!
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
Something looks off?