Software Engineering Senior Manager
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
FanDuel is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our Free2Play Team who are building engaging free-to-enter games which get US wide exposure and attract millions of entries per year.
You will be managing an agile delivery team which is product-centric and delivering new features. As Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will help and coach your team from both a technical and people perspective across a modern technology stack and established roadmap.
- Manage a team of mainly backend or full-stack software engineers whilst enhancing relationships with product, design and performance testing
- Develop and grow engineers within your team, providing an outstanding employee experience tailored to their personal needs
- Work closely with stakeholders from across FanDuel to help them understand the delivery process
What We’re Looking For
You’ll bring a passion for imparting knowledge and a proven ability to grow a team whilst leading it to success. You’ll also demonstrate experience built on a solid foundation of engineering development and operational support.
- You’ll have a background in backend software development and be able to facilitate technical conversations with our Lead or Principal Engineers around architecture or system design
- People management experience and leadership skills in a technology delivery environment
- Experience in defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies and continuous improvement
- The ability to grow a team and lead it to success while demonstrating a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Initial Screening call with Talent Acquisition
- Discussion-based interview on Software Delivery
- Discussion-based interview on People Management; Operational Excellence; Dealing with Ambiguity and System Design Exercise
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel mean that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.
Something looks off?