ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Audio Technician performs a variety of tasks related to live, pre-recorded, studio and field production, all in support of multiple 24x7 TV broadcast channels and OTT platforms. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, responsibility for all facets of audio production projects and daily operation of audio mixing, switching and special effects equipment.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Operate all audio mixing, switching, equalizing and special effects equipment for TV production primarily in a live studio environment
- Address daily show requirements from an audio and technical standpoint as communicated by the Director, Producer and production staff
- Coordinate daily feeds, including IFB and PL coordination lines, with the remote tech manager (as required) or Transmission Operation Center staff
- Test mics, IFB's and PL system with remote A2
- Confirm all audio sources are good and fax inbound remote feeds and mix-minus' prior to show.
- Program production intercom for use in remote locations
- Monitor audio feeds, make appropriate adjustments and mix talent microphones, various audio sources, music playback and sound effects to create a program mix for air
- Create additional mixes for clean feed, iso records and monitoring stations, as required
- Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
- Operate routing equipment which may require patching of video, audio and ancillary signals
- Setup and operate different types of adjunct audio and telephone equipment, including analog/digital cartridge machines, audio servers, speech enhancers and intercoms
- Provide proper technical interface between in-plant devices and outside audio and communication sources
- Performs ingest procedure for transfer of media material into the audio air server.
- Quality checks and adjusts video/audio signal levels for optimum quality
- Able to complete tasks and projects with strict deadlines.
- Develop, write and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department.
- Complete formal paperwork for Audio department and other departments including, but not limited to creating, maintaining, and disseminating daily audio schedules, emails, and charts of all audio feeds and remote based information
- Takes direction from control room team for content assignment
- Performs duties on remote broadcasts, as assigned
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Working knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital/high definition video/audio signals and monitoring equipment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in broadcast operations at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related environment
- Working level of operational skills and abilities when using all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to microphone and IFB signal flows, wireless PL systems, mix minus and Intercom devices
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. un-assisted of technical and or set gear
- Ability to work well in a broadcast team environment, including talent, producers and directors, under strict time deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of weekends and holidays
- At least 1 year of Audio Technician experience working in a live television studio or remote environment preferred
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $30.77/hr - $42.31/hr, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 13 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
Something looks off?