Senior Software Engineer - Java - Free2Play
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Gaming Platforms makes up part of the Casino vertical, which is responsible for back-end services and applications to enable customer facing journeys, and to bridge gaming transactions from the front end with our account and wallet systems. We are primarily a back-end focused team, accountable for developing, deploying, and operating our own systems at scale.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in java is a must; knowledge of a front-end technologies would be good too, but not mandatory, so long as you’re willing to learn as needed.
- Willingness to support our systems as part of the out-of-hours support rota.
- An eagerness to go beyond – learn new things, challenge existing norms, and generally look outside of the ticket you’re currently working on for bigger picture improvements.
- Ownership of all areas of development from initial requirements through to deployment, we’re not a team where testing or deployment is thrown to another person to complete, everyone gets stuck into every stage.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to speak up if you spot areas of potential improvement.
What You Can Expect
● Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
● A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
● Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
● Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
● Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
● Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
Recruiter screen phone call (20-30 mins)
- Paired programming task in a Java environment (1 hour)
- System-design interview (1 hour)
- Competency based questions interview (1 hour)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.