Lead Detection and Response Automation Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced and seasoned Lead Detection Engineer to join our Security Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and creating strategies, solutions, tools and practices to help us mature our capabilities and ensure that we stay up-to-date on the emerging threat landscape. You will work with a team of security professionals to identify and assess potential cybersecurity threats towards complex systems and infrastructure, build detections based techniques from observations, investigations, Incidents, and from development of appropriate threat modeling and mapping inputs to help our team respond effectively and efficiently to security threats.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for designing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting security tooling and systems in production cloud environments
- Proficiency working with big data platforms and are familiar and comfortable with relational database management systems and their query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Develop, build, and maintain scalable systems and software to to deliver tooling to support security telemetry, detection-as-code, and orchestration platforms to drive automated and measurable actions
- Influence and align the organization’s vision and strategy, while engaging teams to develop and deliver specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, and projects
- Define operational metrics, key performance indicators, and service level objectives to assure the team achieves operational excellence
- Partner with internal FanDuel teams, provide recommendations for improving security posture across infrastructure, processes, and software. Coordinating the integration of software components in collaboration with engineers, operations, and leadership.
- Develop and evolve business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Collaborate with other security teams (SOC, Enterprise Security, Software Security, Security GRC). Working with analysts, engineers, and data scientists across the organization to continually improve cyber resilience.
- Track and manage technical documentation related to your scope of work. Ensure relevant parties are regularly updated on relevant documentation.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Empathetic contributor who has experience operating effectively across teams and disciplines in highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environments and have successfully executed on ambitious projects
- Proficient at writing detections at scale using a detection-as-code approach for a wide range of systems leveraging version control, automated workflows, and test driven development
- Significant experience in security monitoring, log analysis and detection building from large datasets to automate incident detection and response processes.
- Ability to develop in Python, Java or GO and are skilled at querying appropriate data to extract meaningful insights with interest in Data Science.
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of security tools and their applicable controls in modern environments such as CloudTrail, SecurityHub, Semgrep, EDR, Network Traffic Analysis, Email Security Gateway, Web Application Firewalls, etc.
- Experience “threat hunting”, using threat intelligence to proactively and iteratively investigate potential risks and finding suspicious behavior in the environment.
- Deep knowledge of attacker methodologies and techniques and corresponding incident response methodologies.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!