Senior Quality Engineer - Java
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
This role is working within one of our most critical and high priority areas of the business - our Wallet domain. You’ll be working within a fairly new team, who focus on our backend services. They are at the stage of making key decisions around what their processes will look like; what ‘done’ and ‘ready’ look like to them; and what each stage of the SDLC will involve.
This extends to quality engineering, and in this Senior Quality Engineer role, you can expect to not only carry out both manual and automated testing, but decide on how to test; what best practices look like; what tools and tech should be utilised and engage with the development team to champion quality engineering (so you’ll have a lot of influence!).
It’s a great opportunity to really take ownership of quality engineering, and have a pretty rapid impact within this team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing existing legacy automation and decide on how to progress
- Identifying areas for automation testing
- Working closely with the Developers to educate them on quality engineering, its impact and the importance of quality engineering
- Advising on best practices, as well as new tools and technologies for quality engineering
- Using strong communication skills to build collaborative relationships with the wider technology team
- Using tools such as Java, JGiven, Postman, Pactflow, Locust etc.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience carrying out both manual and automated testing (unit, acceptance, contract, API and performance testing)
- Using Java for automated testing, and creating automation test frameworks from scratch
- Previous experience influencing development teams of quality engineering (tools, best practices etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in a regulated environment such as payments would be a bonus
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.