Lead Application Security Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced and seasoned Lead Application Security Engineer to join our Software Security Engineering Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping and implementing a comprehensive Application Security strategy, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and establishing robust security practices throughout FanDuel. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute your expertise and ensure the protection and integrity of our applications.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead a bleeding edge security engineering team which enables the agile development of secure and reliable applications and products.
- Demonstrate security direction across the organization.
- Guide security advisements of applications to identify potential threat vectors in the technology stack that could be used by attackers and cause disruption or a potential data breach.
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders to establish metrics that demonstrate security proficiency across all major technology teams.
- Lead the development of tools to improve the security of applications through automation and other means, allowing for faster and easier security gains by teams.
- Develop and implement security tools that integrate into the Secure Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure processes associated with key systems are documented, maintained, and archived.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to develop the standards for application security.
- Other duties as required.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Familiarity with security tools such as Nessus, Burp, and web application firewalls.
- Experience with Static/Dynamic Application Security Testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Experience conducting and a robust threat model program enough to be able to build a repeatable program.
- Expertise in leading effective threat modeling exercises and that can be leveraged into building a scalable program.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and how to assess them from a security perspective, including the integration of security tools with the pipeline.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS
- Ability to communicate and influence in an a highly distributed environment, providing guidance and direction on security and being an influencer of development, systems, support, and quality assurance teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $176,000 to $230,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.