Senior Quality Analyst - Sportsbook
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
In this role, you will be working on our industry-leading Sportsbook product as a Senior Quality Analyst with deep understanding of Agile testing in the Software Development Life Cycle.
Quality at FanDuel is a community effort and as an advocate of quality you will work with various teams to ensure best practices and processes that will deliver the best experience for our customers. You will contribute to quality by collaborating with engineers to define and execute the software testing that suits a project’s need.
You will use your experience to help define testing strategies, approaches, and coordinate a team wide approach towards quality. Your innovation will be fostered in a culture that constantly seeks to improve and originate new ideas that aim to make software testing easier and more efficient.
Day-to-day, you will be wearing a lot of hats working across all apps and features and working closely with the engineering teams, but you will focus mainly on testing front-end features, carrying out exploratory testing and ensuring that QA is involved right from the start of the SDLC.
As part of your role, you will also:
- Work on a product that deals with high levels of traffic
- Be an advocate for quality through analysing risks, test planning, test tracking, and test run results.
- Collaborate with, mentor and provide guidance for, the wider Sportsbook Quality Org to improve service offerings to facilitate ease and speed of testing.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers, Software Engineers and other Quality Analysts to strategise and execute best test strategies that suit a project’s need.
- Identify areas of improvement as they relate to software quality. (e.g. process improvements, release management, opportunities for test automation and better testing techniques, etc.)
- Use your experience in software testing to contribute to test case writing & test execution for various test types (e.g. functional, API, acceptance, black-box, white-box, exploratory, etc.)
- Communicate test strategy and progress to various stakeholders. (e.g., engineering managers, engineers, product managers, and product owners)
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following skills/experience:
- Experienced with integrating testing practices and tools with newly established teams or enhancing existing teams tools or ways-of-working.
- Skilled in Agile testing practices with an ability to thrive within an Agile methodology framework (e.g. Scrum or Kanban).
- Examples of mentoring or leading other Quality Analysts to strategise and execute best test strategies that suit a project’s need.
- Proficient in testing techniques to cover various test types (e.g., functional, API, acceptance, exploratory, black-box, white-box) and adept with cross-platform testing on browsers and mobile devices.
- Ability to analyse and convey quality risks for new and existing features.
- Strong communicator with ability to break down and convey technical concepts.
- Ability to prioritise test conditions and features to be tested.
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.