ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our finance team. This person will possess excellent communication and high attention to detail. This person will serve as a leader and communicator between the finance team and other internal / external stakeholders. The position will report into a Senior Accounting Manager.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Prepare, post and reconcile journal entries for P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Own all Accounts Receivable transactions and ensure they are recorded in the general ledger
- Prepare Accounts Receivable aging schedules and review with internal stakeholders
- Communicate with external customers about invoices and payments
- Build schedules, processes, and reconciliations
- Help lead the implementation of best practices to simplify, standardize and scale our business
- Work effectively cross-functionally in order to prepare closing entries and to anticipate changes to processes
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities; P&L and balance sheet analysis for various general ledger accounts
- Coordinate and assist with requests from internal and external auditors
- Identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- At least 2 years of experience preferred
- CPA qualified an advantage
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a fast-changing working environment
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment while managing to tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with large data volume
- Apply US GAAP to research and solve complex transactions
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $64,000 to $88,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.