Principal Software Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is in search of a Principal Software Engineer to join our Fraud engineering vertical. You are considered a technical thought leader for the Engineering organization. You are part of a community of our most senior engineers, working with limited to no guidance and focusing on the organization’s most complex, ambiguous problems. You provide guidance to and influence decisions made by other Engineers within the vertical. You regularly interact with executives up to the c-suite, distilling relevant information from a complex technical strategy and incorporating relevant business strategy in to technical strategies.
As part of this role, you own the technical strategy for an engineering vertical, with responsibility for technical architecture and operational excellence. You take a leadership role on the vertical’s most important bodies of technical work. You balance a long view with short term demands, taking a pragmatic approach to system design. You embody “simpler is always better”, looking to reduce the complexity of the systems where you contribute. You do not accept the status quo or restrict yourself to organizational boundaries – you influence other verticals' and the organization’s “North Star” technical strategy, working with the Principal Community and other Engineering Leaders to drive decision around programming languages, architecture, products, tools, approaches, and processes. You provide mentorship and guidance for other Engineers, serving as a role model and supporting their career progression.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Take ownership of a vertical’s architecture, aligning the vertical’s Engineers on a common technical strategy
- Take ownership of a vertical’s operational excellence, taking a hands-on approach to the resolution of the vertical’s most complex issues when needed
- Write simple code, taking complex paradigms and implementing them in a way that Engineers at all levels can understand and contribute to. Insist on high standards for code quality while not letting perfection be enemy of the good
- Influence the strategy of the vertical’s teams, helping them understand how to make technical tradeoff decisions between short-term business needs and long-term technology needs
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards for your vertical
- Help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring in your organization. Contribute to the professional development of Engineers within the vertical, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices
- Support our software as part of an on-call rotation.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Expert level experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and highly available systems
- Experience influencing technical decisions across Engineering verticals
- Understand a broad range of complex data structures and complex algorithms
- Expert level understanding of design patterns and architectural principles
- Experienced in making pragmatic tradeoff decisions between short term needs and long-term needs
- Experienced in many modern programming language, especially Java
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices through influence
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!