Senior Security Analyst - Security Operations Center (SOC) team
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
As a valued member of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team, the Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for early and accurate detection, response and containment of threats directed against the environment. This role requires advanced skills in intrusion detection and threat hunting, to identify credible risks/adversaries to proprietary and sensitive data before a potential breach. Collaboration with security engineers, developers, vendors and business units to constantly improve the overall security posture will be the key to success at FanDuel Group. We’re looking for a team player with highly technical analytical skills.
What you will be engaged with
- Monitor and analyze network, server, endpoint, database and application activity for indicators of compromise and continuously tune rules to reduce false positives
- Conduct incident response with remediation and root cause analysis
- Scan, assess and mitigate vulnerabilities on internal company assets and FanDuel Group hybrid cloud-based customer platform
- Constantly improve security posture for a large-scale customer facing hybrid cloud environment and internal workplace with assessment of MITRE ATT&CK tactics and techniques
- Grow and mature threat hunting program
- Contribute to information security process improvement and documentation
- Keep current with cybersecurity news and technology to brief SOC director
- Maintain contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards, technologies, and cyber threats
- Maintain, support and improve security architecture
- Identify, evaluate and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies and collaborate with security engineers on implementation
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Mentor business units in understanding and adhering to cybersecurity guidelines and best practices at work and home. Promote knowledge sharing within the technical communities
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Be responsible for all aspects of security and ensure remediation of issues and/or automated methods to inhibit violations of security
- Continuous Improvement
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Screen call with in-house Recruiter (approx 20-30 mins)
- Panel interview (technical) (1 hour)
- Hiring Manager interview (up to 1 hour)
- Security Operations Director interview (up to 1 hour)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles.