Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others as a full stack Senior Software Engineer working for our Sportsbook domain. You are able to take defined designs and turn them into secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You’re able to own a part of the future vision for our Sportsbook platform.
You will be working on both the FanDuel Sportsbook app and on the services that support it. You’ll play a pivotal part in making our platform highly usable and will write clear, scalable code. You will work continuously to improve architectural design and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices. You work with your team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not. Your solutions are pragmatic. You consider the legacy of the code you produce and write code that an Engineer unfamiliar with the system can understand. You limit the use of short-term workarounds. You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimize incidental complexity). You create flexible software without over-engineering. You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies. You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc).
- You own parts of product and technology & become a subject matter expert.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly and identify issues before they manifest as bugs.
- You help balance customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews. You mentor your fellow engineers and help others to grow.
- You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve the team software and processes.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately and deliver them in time.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are: humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm. You own the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years of Software Development experience in building backend services, web frontends, and/or mobile applications.
- Proficient in building RESTful services using Node.js.
- Proficient in building engaging, performant, and forward-thinking web frontends in React. React Native experience is a nice to have as well.
- A fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in working with GitOps Patterns
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline tooling, preferably Buildkite.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS with API gateway/workflow orchestration/S3 routing/Lambda/serverless applications.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience working with SQL databases and in-memory storage via Redis.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Familiarity with git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and OpenAPI
- Proficiency in translating requirements into design and developing applications.
- Understanding of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience in shipping high-quality products and services within Web and Mobile
- Experience with unit testing, testing tools (preferably Postman), and integrating testing and best-quality practices into an SDLC.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!