Software Engineer - Java - Wallet
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
In this role, you will be working in FanDuel’s Finance Ledger team. This team is responsible for the Finance Ledger platform, which manages FanDuel customer wallets: capturing payments, tokens and withdrawals; recording transactional history; and reporting for tax returns and player activity. This platform supports the foundational products of FanDuel like FanDuel Sportsbook, FanDuel Casino, FanDuel Racing and FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports. You will be working to build and maintain this platform to an established roadmap, working in an agile, product-centric team, delivering new features into Production almost daily. We leverage a modern technology stack like AWS, K8S, Terraform, DataDog, BuildKite, JIRA and Confluence; and we develop our solutions in Java, SQL & Python. We're dedicated to creating a collaborative culture where every Engineer has a real impact.
You can expect the following:
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing in Java and SQL.
- Problem-solving and de-bugging code, including Production Support.
- Engaging in code reviews and pair-programming.
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies like daily huddles, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience and passion for writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs, using Java and SQL (3-4 years of existing commercial experience is preferred).
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices in the SDLC.
- Desire to learn and develop your skills through a growth mindset.
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
**PLEASE NOTE: Fanduel UK is unable to provide visa sponsorship for the post-holder of this role. To be considered past application stage, candidates will need to have an existing right to work in the UK. Sorry and thank you**
The Interview Process
- Recruiter screen call (approx. 20 minutes)
- Paired programming task in a Java environment (1 hour)
- Competency based questions interview (1 hour)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to work out of the Edinburgh Tech Hub, minimum once a week, but twice a week would be ideal. Typically, the office is busiest on Tuesdays and Thursdays.