Enterprise IT Principal Network Architect
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Network Architect to support our Enterprise and FanDuel TV networking teams to provide network resources and subject matter expertise that is responsible for the design of the organization’s enterprise grade networks. This position will be instrumental in our intake processes, designing additions, new functionality and changes to the network design and architecture needs to support the new requirements. This position must have expert level knowledge of the OSI model, LAN, WAN, cloud technologies, routing, wireless and network fabric protocols, and concepts. Must be willing to work at least 3 days per week, in-person, in our Atlanta office.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Subject matter expert that is responsible for the design of the organization’s enterprise grade networks. This position will be instrumental in our Enterprise project intake process, design changes, new functionality and changes to the evolving environments and landscape. Cross-functional architect with emphasis on design.
- Develop High Level Designs (HLDs) for proposed changes, improvements, and enhancements to the enterprise networks.
- Coordinate with network implementation engineers on Low Level Designs (LLDs), review all documentation, test plans, rollback plans, etc. prior to implementations. Review as-built conditions.
- Develop all formal documentation and processes relative to implementation plans, test & validation plans, rollback plans, etc.
- Conduct regular review sessions with Security Engineering and Network Security teams to review all adopted governance practices and security policies.
- Coordinate with network implementation engineers regarding input and knowledge of operational constraints and issues as an input to network design; utilize knowledge of network design to assist in providing guidance on correcting network operational issues.
- Conduct regular review sessions with network implementation engineers to ensure their understanding of the network design as it evolves.
- Instrumental in continuously improving our monitoring and alerting tools, with emphasis on achieving highest level of SLOs and metrics.
- Responsible for exploring emerging network technologies that could be vital for improving the business, automation, and streamlining processes for improvement.
- Complete Proof of Concept (POC) testing in lab environment.
- Provides guidance and continuous professional mentorship to peers and network implementation engineers.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field; supplemented by three years of Network Management administration, 2 years of network design and implementation leadership experience or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job or equivalent industry experience preferred
- This position must have expert level knowledge of the OSI model, LAN, WAN, cloud technologies, routing, wireless and network fabric protocols, and concepts.
- Technical experience: Certification in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCIP, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Palo Alto PCNSE or equivalents preferred.
- Knowledge of sports and/or experience working within a heavily regulated industry is a plus.
- Don’t check all the boxes? That’s okay! We encourage you to still apply if you feel like you possess an adjacent skillet and are interested in learning more about this position.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!