Counsel Senior Director
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports, and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting-edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best-in-class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best self. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and nearly 30 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team a senior director for the Investigations and Regulatory Enforcement group with 12+ years of legal experience, to manage a team of attorneys and business professionals in managing regulatory engagement and conducting investigations in this exciting, expanding field.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will work with a fantastic team of legal and regulatory professionals striving to maintain FanDuel’s position as the most trusted brand in the industry. Reporting to FanDuel’s Vice President of Regulatory, this role will manage an experienced team of regulatory attorneys and other business professionals. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage regulatory investigations, inquiries, incidents, and escalated customer complaints regarding fraud, marketing, cybersecurity, responsible gaming, geolocation, and all other areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, and reporting, etc;
- Manage a team of attorneys and business professionals dedicated to conducting regulatory and internal investigations; mentor and develop team to continue enhancing their effectiveness and contributions to the business;
- Provide expert regulatory guidance, working in close partnership with the new product launch/product advisory team, the financial crimes compliance team and the risk team to enable seamless integration of all relevant regulatory obligations, transparency and controls;
- Drive FanDuel’s strategy for engagement and relationship with state and federal regulators and market access partners;
- Assist FanDuel’s Vice President of Regulatory with providing legal analysis and expert regulatory guidance to internal FanDuel team members and executive management regarding regulatory strategy; and
- Assist FanDuel’s regulatory team with training and communications strategy, content and delivery for regulatory
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Successful experience in stakeholder/regulatory engagement, including demonstration of top-notch legal analysis, strategic communication, effective relationshipbuilding and writing skills are of paramount importance;
- JD from a top-tier law school and a member of at least one state bar;
- Minimum of 12 years of total legal experience, preferably including experience at a nationally recognized law firm and in an in-house regulatory position
- A proven ability to conduct effective investigations, drive regulatory engagement, develop policies and processes/procedures, conduct and prepare legal research, analytics, and reporting;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team of attorneys and other professionals; proven ability to drive engagement and motivation to deliver on aggressive goals in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent work ethic; possess a strong bias for action and can work independently;
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive;
- An exceptional team builder and team player, with proven ability to operate as a leader within FanDuel;
- In-house experience with a highly regulated company and/or a publicly traded company, and experience as a regulator, a strong plus;
- Once hired, may be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators.
We treat our team right
- From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $230,000 to $260,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.