Strategy Senior Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking to hire a Senior Strategy Manager to join the Responsible Gaming team. Responsible Gaming is one of the key components of FanDuel’s long term strategy to deliver a best-in-class sports betting experience. We are looking to hire a Senior Strategy Manager to help take our Responsible Gaming efforts to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team with significant exposure across the organization and help build out the next chapter of Responsible Gaming at FanDuel.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Partner with Senior Director, Responsible Gaming, VP Sustainability, and the FanDuel Executive team to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives and opportunities facing the business relating to Responsible Gaming.
- Develop a deep understanding of FanDuel’s business, competitive positioning as well as the sports wagering landscape to inform understanding of Responsible Gaming in the industry and help form recommendations
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities for FanDuel in the Responsible Gaming space, and lead analysis and modelling to inform the strategy
- Structure and lead complex, cross-functional projects independently, managing multiple workstreams & stakeholders
- Manage and develop team members, supporting project teams with structuring analysis and developing hypotheses, as well as overall professional development and growth
- Liaise with global partners in UK&I, Australia, and beyond to identify opportunities to leverage best practices and drive operational efficiencies across the global Group relating to Responsible Gaming
- Examples of initiatives you will lead:
- Advise FanDuel senior leadership on opportunities and business impacts relevant to the Responsible Gaming space. Developing execution roadmaps as part of this.
- Work on building the annual strategy and budgets for the Responsible Gaming department
- Deliver complex cross-functional strategy projects, including innovation and white space thinking relating to Responsible Gaming & Sustainability
- Coordinate launch of major strategic programs in the space, working with operational business leaders
- Working directly with the President and other Senior Leadership individuals on internal initiatives
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years, or 2 years post-MBA, of experience in management / strategy consulting preferred
- Ability to take broad direction, use initiative, and translate that into well-researched, actionable output
- Hands-on experience working autonomously to deliver robust business cases, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions. Strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; skilled at influencing and building relationships across the organization at all levels
- Strong organizational & project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once. Previous experience leading project on complex cross-functional projects is required
- Ability and desire to dive in and get your hands dirty with analysis. In this role, you will be required to both manage teams/people and be an individual contributor
- Experience and passion for managing and developing junior team members
- Prior knowledge and interest of sports and technology industries are preferred; ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the industry and company will be critical to success
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!