Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
In this role, you will be working on our industry-leading Sportsbook product, with a team who support and enable the wider Sportsbook vertical to continuously improve on how product delivery is done.
Day-to-day you will focus on creating efficiency for the Sportsbook domain; working on new state launches; standardisation; and working closely with AWS amongst other things. This is a very backend focused using NodeJS, working on projects such as API deconstruction as well as more DevOps focused work with IaaC tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own and become a subject matter expert of areas of product and technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas. You thrive on technological advancement of the team and always work towards its improvement.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Working in cross-functional and cross-initiative teams in an Agile environment
- Writing simple and extendable code following standards and best practices, and testing your code thoroughly
- Helping your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews
- Take on projects and make software enhancements that improve the team software and processes
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Train and mentor team-mates on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following skills:
- Writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems using Javascipt, Typescript, Java, Python or similar programming
- Building backend for frontend service delivery (we use Node.js), API deconstruction, and infrastructure as code patterns
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins, GoCD or Buildkite
- Understand how your work could impact other teams, and what dependencies could be affected
- Understanding and experience of DevOps concepts and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform (this would be a bonus)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.