Principal Cloud Security Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
There are more ways to win, here at FanDuel. We’re willing to bet on it.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
WHO WE ARE…
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier mobile gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across sports betting, iGaming, horse racing, advance-deposit wagering, daily fantasy sports. In addition, FanDuel Group operates FanDuel TV its broadly distributed linear cable television and leading direct-to-consumer OTT platform. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 25 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Jersey City, as well as in Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and Australia. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, (LON: FLTR) the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are seeking a highly skilled and accomplished Principal Cloud Security Engineer to join our Software Security Team. In this role, you will take charge of crafting and executing a comprehensive Cloud Security strategy, working closely with diverse teams across the organization, and fortifying resilient security measures across FanDuel. This presents an outstanding opportunity for you to leverage your extensive expertise in cloud security to safeguard and uphold the integrity of our cloud-based infrastructure.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Develop and lead an innovative cloud security strategy, driving the secure and efficient development of cloud-based applications and services.
- Provide strategic security guidance throughout the organization, setting the direction for cloud security initiatives.
- Provide public cloud expertise to support the security initiatives of detection & response, vulnerability management, and compliance.
- Conduct in-depth security assessments of cloud infrastructure, identifying potential threat vectors in the technology stack, and advising on mitigation strategies to prevent disruptions and data breaches.
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders to establish robust security metrics that showcase the proficiency of security practices across various technology teams operating in the cloud environment.
- Pioneer the development of automation tools and other mechanisms to enhance application security in the cloud, enabling faster and more accessible security enhancements for teams.
- Design and implement security solutions that seamlessly integrate into the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) for cloud-based applications.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of processes associated with critical cloud systems, maintaining records and archives for compliance and auditing purposes.
- Partner closely with development and operations teams to define and enforce cloud application security standards and best practices.
- Take on additional responsibilities as necessary to uphold and enhance cloud security across the organization.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Deep expertise in cloud architecture and design, including the ability to design highly secure and scalable cloud environments.
- Excellent communication skills to advocate for security best practices, influence key stakeholders, and convey complex security concepts to non-technical audiences.
- A commitment to staying at the forefront of cloud security trends, emerging threats, and evolving technologies.
- Ability to grasp how the business makes money, the implications of industry & economic trends, and where these fit into FanDuel's threat model and risk tolerance.
- Proficient mastery with a major cloud service provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) with general knowledge of all major cloud providers.
- Organize work across multiple teams and departments on a multi-year time horizon.
- Builds consensus among multiple teams and individuals with differing perspectives and incentives.
- Track record of mentoring and coaching teams, both technically and professionally.
- Proficient in effectively disseminating knowledge through various channels, including public speaking engagements, blog posts and written documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $190,000 to $261,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.