ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with deep understanding of large-scale data handling and processing best practices in a cloud environment to help us build scalable systems. As our data is a key component of the business used by almost every facet of the company, including product development, marketing, operations, and finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality and availability.
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data and your work will provide access to that data across the whole company. Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more with real time data processing and working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Designing and implementing data pipelines required in the data warehouse and data lake in batch or real-time using data transformation technologies.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Designing and deploying data models and views with large datasets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Working with stakeholders across all departments to assist with data-related technical issues and supporting their data infrastructure needs.
- Delivering quality production-ready code in an agile environment.
- Delivering test plans, monitoring, debugging, and technical documents as a part of the development cycle.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Show proficiency in understanding complex ETL processes.
- Experience in reading and writing Python scripts.
- Knowledge of data integrity and relational rules.
- Understanding of AWS and Google Cloud.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies is critical.
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices.
- Some experience in Databrick and/or DBT.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $108,000 - $148,500, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."