Media Planning Senior Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Media Planning to drive significant acquisition and revenue growth through best in class media planning and optimization for our Casino media portfolio across social, programmatic, affiliate, video(linear and online), direct mail, OOH, etc. The ideal candidate will be commercially driven and apply this in building and stewarding a dynamic media mix with various stakeholder groups.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Key stakeholder responsible for the success of our Casino acquisition(volume, CPAs, payback), current customer and re-activation KPIs of multiple programs within the practice with a focus on evolving towards a ROAS operating model
- Oversee the Media Planning program for Casino and work closely with external agency partners, internal program leads, channel managers and business/marketing stakeholders to translate business objectives into on-going strategic media solutions and stewardship of KPIs to achieve our overall business and marketing goals
- Ensure best practices, cohesion and quality control of all elements of the Casino media plan development implementation and on-going stewardship, heavily focusing on a balanced performance-and brand based media & analytics driven approach to achieve goals
- Work directly with vendors and channel managers to continue to maximize media efficiency and value to drive performance improvement and innovation across partners
- Work closely with our Brand, Media and Creative teams to ensure creative alignment and overall creative & communication mix across our portfolio
- Aid in media and partner negotiations
- Ensure team is following internal and external processes and cadence for streamlined and timely workflow
- Oversee final reporting analysis of overall media alongside other internal teams, ensuring outputs are accurate, insightful and tie back to stated objectives
- Leverage and improve upon attribution models functionalities and benefits to build media recommendations and optimize future campaigns
- Oversee development of strategic media framework for annual/quarterly/monthly/weekly/daily plans across our various campaigns
- Build and maintain complex flowcharts to help organize teams, roadmaps and overall plan schematics
- Ensure strategic alignment across all channels and teams, to ensure a fully integrated approach
- Steward media forecasting, on-going budget management and portfolio optimization in partnership with Finance, and other key stakeholder groups
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 6+ years of experience in media planning and strategy across traditional and digital media
- 2+ years of experience in managing multiple product and business lines within a broader corporate organization is preferred
- Local media experience in managing always on media investment preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Understanding and demonstrable application of commercial/business objectives preferred
- Strong media industry relationships
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record and/or proven relevant experience in a performance marketing role at either an agency or on the operator side
- Meaningful experience working with performance marketing and media metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV) and understanding of the utilization and relationship between them
- Analytically driven with strong understanding of underlying data and methodologies used to inform decision making and drive performance management
- Demonstrated experience in merging business performance data with 3rd party research and media planning information
- Experience negotiating favorable rates and deal structures with advertising partners
- Strong understanding of marketing testing and reporting methodologies
- Ability to succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing, and provide clear direction on projects
- Ability to interface with a wide range of internal teams and ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and moving targets
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Meticulous attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, project management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge or understanding of the business and culture of sports and gaming preferred
- Experience working across multiple businesses within a larger corporate structure is preferred
- Strong advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $116,000 - $162,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."