Senior Data Engineer
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
In this role, you will partner with the engineering teams building our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us organize, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
We are looking for Data Engineers of all skill levels or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment. If this describes you, read on – we want to hear from you!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Mastery of the data via data quality check and pipeline support
- Data Analytics via Analyst Engineering practices
- Business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, DBT)
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence and priorities your growth as an engineer and your well-being as a person
- Advance your career within well-defined, skill-based tracks, either as an individual contributor or as a manager – both providing equal opportunities for compensation and advancement
- Apply your experience and intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data architecture
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence – system reliability, automation, data quality, and cost-efficiency
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Modeling and querying data using SQL and Jinja templating
- Building and orchestrating ETL/ELT pipelines using DBT, Databricks and Airflow
- Batch processing via SQL, SFTP and Spark
- Real-time streaming via Kafka and Kinesis
- Data pipeline monitoring and support using tools such as DBT, Databand & Astronomer
- Query optimization of large datasets in Redshift and Databricks
- Designing and maintaining production database systems, liaising with data customer requirements to leverage your knowledge of different types of data stores, their use cases, trade-offs, performance, and limitations
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archival and retrieval solutions while managing access vs. cost
- Leadership and teaching within a cross-functional team, embodying a willingness to grow and to grow those around you and actively seek continued learning opportunities.
- Familiarity with Python.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $134,000 - $184,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."