Cloud Platforms Senior Director
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Senior Director Cloud Platforms is a key role within the FanDuel Group IT team, with responsibilities for i) the delivery, operation and management of the public cloud platforms upon which we build our products and services, ii) working with the infrastructure team to deliver all infrastructure services to internal stakeholders and iii) the management and development of core delivery tools and standardized pipelines for all internal delivery teams. As the person closest to the overall cloud platform and delivery tools, the right candidate will define the strategy for how best to consume from the cloud platforms, be responsible for the allocation and usage of the platform's/tools in an appropriate and secure manner and will work with Engineering to ensure the ease of consumption from the platforms/tools. You will drive forward the vision of “XaaS” – providing the platform and tools “as-a-service” via an easy-to-use platform catalogue as well as providing guidance, principles and standards on how to ensure the adoption of these that scales with the business.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Data-driven and strategic thinker with a deep understanding of Cloud platforms and services, in particular Amazon Web Services.
- Hands on and highly experienced with large scale enterprise who running multi-billion-dollar business on public cloud.
- Define the vision for how best to setup, run and manage a complex cloud environment
- Articulate and collaborate with internal stakeholders on the importance of standardization, while empowering the engineering organization to operate independently using the guiderails provided.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters relating to key business projects.
- Guide and mentor the cloud platform team to ensure continuous improvement in all areas.
- Establish effective end to end processes including budget, access, patch and change management for the cloud platforms and tools while supporting a culture of continuous platform evolution.
- Ensure the strategy to transform the cloud platforms is evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner.
- Apply strong management practice to all third-party vendors to realize target SLA performance, constantly enhance their offerings, and ensure value for money within all such relationships
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in IT/Cloud leadership generally and have strong understanding of operational needs of a large technology focused organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong active relationships with senior business leadership
- Has a customer-first mentality
- Excellent team building and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Capable of working in the demanding environment of mission-critical business systems
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycles and in particular quality assurance, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Proven experience of delivering continual improvements and influencing a wide stakeholder base
- Ability to negotiate SLA levels with in-house and third-party s/w suppliers and actively manage these to higher levels
- Experience in setting and contributing to technology strategy
- Additional responsibilities as assigned or requested.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Must pass various State’s background security check.
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field and 8+ years’ experience; or MS in CS/CE/EE or related field and 9+ years’ experience; or 10+ years of applicable technical experience.
- 5-10 years in ecommerce roles with significant online / mobile volume
- Experience and demonstrated capability to make data driven decisions to continually optimize performance within established constraints.
- Proven ability to understand the customer and take actions / advocate for player interest
- Data-driven and strategic thinker with a deep understanding of the ecommerce industry
- Experience in developing and managing best in class cloud platform teams
- Ability to successfully manage third party and customer relationships
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a fast-growing team
- Effective Communicator – Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energize and motivate others throughout FanDuel; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer, and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $212,000 - $278,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation. This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.