Internal Audit Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role is part of the FanDuel Group Internal Audit team, which is in turn part of the Flutter Entertainment Group Internal Audit team. As part of the FanDuel Group team, you’ll focus fully on FanDuel activity and will support the IA team in assisting management build and maintain a sustainable leadership position in one of the fastest growing technology sectors in the US. Also, as part of the Group IA team, you will gain support through wider team knowledge share, feed into our audit methodology and support our Operations team. This role is focused on ‘business’ audit, but as Technology is at the heart of all FanDuel does, coverage of some IT risks will be required.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Support in the overall audit planning process, attending stakeholder meetings and providing input into the audit plan
- Lead the planning, preparation and completion of audit projects across FanDuel Group following defined quality standards and deadlines. Use data analytics to perform testing where appropriate, including analyzing large amounts of data to make informed conclusions using CAATs (Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques)
- Draft written communications and reports of audit findings to business management
- Monitor management’s responses and implementation of agreed management actions
- Build strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business and utilize these relationships to both share information and to build the FanDuel Internal Audit brand
- Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of audit issues
- Capability to understand the complex regulatory environment in the gambling sector
- Can clearly communicate data and analytics to both data and non-data savvy stakeholders in the context of the business
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an audit function
- Good understanding of internal controls, including proper design and implementation
- Experience in the gambling sector or a similar highly regulated environment would be an advantage
- Experience in planning, managing and delivering audits from Big 4 or similar
- Experience or aptitude for using data analytics tools and techniques would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management and write meaningful reports and presentations
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results in line with audit timelines
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $99,000 - $136,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.