Commercial Strategy Senior Associate
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Commercial Strategy team based in Toronto, Canada. This role will partner with key stakeholder groups across the organization (Marketing, Finance, VIP, Product, etc.) to provide a range of planning, strategic, and execution support on high-priority initiatives and opportunities facing the business.
A successful candidate for this role will be a self-motivated, well-organized, and strong team player who can succeed in a highly collaborative environment. They have sharp attention to detail, possess strong problem-solving skills, and are exceptional communicators.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager to prioritize and drive complex cross-functional business planning initiatives, and strategic planning processes.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to existing processes across various teams including but not limited to Marketing, Product Operations, and Customer Operations.
- Support the creation, execution, and aftercare of strategic improvement and optimization projects that will benefit the Sportsbook and Casino teams, balancing customer experience, process, and profitably.
- Support in conducting monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts for the Canadian business.
- Develop a deep understanding of FanDuel’s business and competitive positioning as well as the sports wagering and iGaming landscape in Canada.
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape, researching the latest industry trends and movements to continuously look for new ways to improve our conversion & retention efforts.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other analytical field (or other relevant discipline)
- 3+ years of career experience in a consulting, finance, marketing, or similar commercial role (strategy consulting, or internal strategy experience preferred)
- Highly motivated and diligent, with sharp attention to detail, deadlines, and requirements.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and SQL (other data skills or experience desirable).
- Track record of high performance in fast-paced environments, managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Hands-on experience delivering business cases and strategic recommendations, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions, with strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to simplify complex or technical concepts into consumable content for a variety of audiences.
- Experience collaborating closely with other stakeholder groups and building strong relationships.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the online sportsbook/gaming industry.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!