Senior Software Engineer - Trading Technology
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
This Senior Software Engineer role is working as part of FanDuel’s Trading Technology function, where we craft sophisticated models and recommendation engines. The Live Play strategy is a greenfield initiative and includes PhD scientists who thrive on solving intriguing problems by using cutting edge technology whilst shaping the future of US sports betting.
You’ll be working within a newly created engineering team who are at the stage of forming the team, building out their ways of working and setting up their CI/CD pipelines.
- Writing distributed, scalable and available backend systems and APIs using Java, Kotlin, and Python
- Build an MVP product for an end to end automated recommendation system
- Mentoring, coaching and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Influencing the delivery of technical solutions in a team setting
What we’re looking for
You might be a backend Engineer or a Software Engineer with a background in Mathematics, Statistics or Physics or an academic with an interest in software development or a Data Scientist who can code. Ideally you will have experience with Kotlin but you should be at least highly proficient in Java or Python.
- Experience working with cloud native technologies such as AWS would be beneficial
- Familiar with an Agile software delivery environment or the desire to learn
- Most importantly someone who is interested in building new and innovative products which offer scientific functionality to a recommendation system
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons.
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created.
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work.
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.