Consumer Insights Senior Associate
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is seeking a Consumer Insights Senior Associate to execute a high-impact research agenda to help develop in-depth consumer understanding, focused primarily on the Sportsbook business. The Senior Associate will collaborate with teams across the marketing and commercial organizations to identify and operationalize projects that generate actionable insights.
Reporting to the Market Insights and Research Director, this role is part of a critical and impactful team, helping to shape the long-term strategic direction of our brands, marketing, and overall business.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Working with the Market Insights and Research Director, assist in managing qualitative and quantitative custom research projects, including brand and customer tracking programs, from conceptualization to reporting and interpretation.
- Responsible for scoping ad hoc research projects and objectives, planning sample specifications, identifying/designing optimal methodologies, developing and programming surveys, and analyzing and reporting timely, error-free data and insights
- Provide support in efforts to evolve and enhance brand and customer tracking initiatives
- Assist the team in addressing business requests by synthesizing data from custom research, syndicated sources, and other internal analytics and business intelligence sources and translating learnings into visually-compelling presentations and POVs
- Assist Research team members on additional projects, as needed, with data pulls, analysis, and presentation development
- Build trusted relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and actively engage in presenting and socializing insights to aid in decision-making and inspire action
- Maintain regular reporting of insights to help internal clients understand the category and brand landscape
- Collaborate with team to manage key vendors
- Participate in team efforts to improve and discover innovative/actionable research methodologies
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 3+ years of market research and/or consumer insights experience with at least 2+ years on research vendor side
- 2+ years of experience managing custom research projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Proven proficiency with sampling, survey design, and data analysis.
- Experience with brand tracking & customer tracker research tools
- Ability to leverage and integrate information from a variety of sources to generate insights.
- Proficient in creating stories and gleaning actionable insights from a variety of disparate data sets
- Proficient in visualizing data effectively and presenting to key internal clients
- A critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a pragmatic problem-solver
- Curious, agile, and team-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple disparate projects concurrently
- Experience with Qualtrics and/or other DIY Survey creation tools
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required, experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools preferred.
- Experience in technology, sports, or gaming categories a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $80,000 - $110,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.