Sports Trader Internship - Summer 2024
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
FANDUEL SUMMER LEAGUE…
About our summer program
- 10-week program: Late May – Early August
- Hybrid work environment
- Meaningful opportunity to contribute to the work of our teams
- Cohort experience with social events & professional development opportunities
- Possibility to be considered for a full-time opportunity or return internship
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Sports Traders at FanDuel are the people behind the odds that our customers bet on. We utilize stats, in-house models, industry news and our opinions to help formulate what we believe are the most accurate odds, and then manage those odds throughout their lifecycle. This includes moving prices when breaking news hits or using our in-house models to move prices live during games. We don’t expect anyone to walk in the door and know everything at the start, so we take our training seriously and make sure that the successful candidate is well supported.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Sport and who like numbers to put it simply! If you have a high attention to detail, are calm under pressure, are comfortable with numbers and love sport then we can teach you the rest. Being able to work in a team, stay organized and keeping our customers front of mind are also valuable skills to have.
This role will require an office presence each day, with the very occasional non-operational shift from home if you choose. Our office is in Jersey City (NJ) and is located across from the Newport PATH station and right across from Manhattan. The role will also require some weekend and out of hours work as sport doesn’t stop on the weekend! You will not have to work late nights and we will fit the schedule to suit your needs.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Due to the nature of the sporting calendar, you will predominantly be focused on MLB during this internship.
- In time, you will be able to compile your own odds on a range of different markets using statistics and trends. For example, helping decide the price for certain players to hit a home run in a baseball game.
- You will monitor our prices and learn to make moves where necessary, taking into consideration things like player news, customer behavior, industry prices, etc.
- You will learn how to use our sports models to fluctuate our odds throughout the game depending on what is happening in that game at the time. This will be a large part of your training, essentially learning how to trade a live game of MLB.
- Collaborate with various teams around the business to manage things like our liabilities, our onsite display and ensuring we remain compliant across our different jurisdictions.
- Compare competitor offerings to ensure we have the best offering in the market for our customers.
- Various other projects that arise during your time.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Must be graduating between August 2024 – May 2025
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization and does not require employer sponsorship
- Must be in commutable distance from or willing to relocate to designated office
- Must be willing to be in office 4+ times per week
- Passion for sports – you will need to be able to watch baseball every day throughout the internship. Understanding of the rules of the MLB will be required.
- In-depth knowledge of at least 1 US sport. It does not have to be baseball however you need to have expertise in one of MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, NCAAF, or NCAAB.
- Ability to do basic and mental math problems under time pressure.
- Able to attend the Jersey City office multiple times a week.
- Strong written, verbal communication and research skills
- Currently pursuing a degree, ideally in a numerate major
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Free schedule to work outside of normal business hours including weekends
- Later shifts e.g., 2pm - 10pm will be required
- The ability to achieve a DGE license (18 years or older)
- Happy to watch games of Baseball every day!
- August 2024 - May 2025 grad
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!