FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
In this role you will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and improving the data models, datasets and data visualizations which are and will be used by data scientists and analysts to power business performance impacting decisions. You will bridge the gap from our data and the Data Engineering team, to the data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders aiming to leverage that data for insights and business decisions.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work in an environment where curiosity is rewarded, and people are empowered to make decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and a desire to optimize how we leverage our data.
If you would like to play a key role in an emerging US Sports Betting market opportunity then this could be the role for you. Integrity, low ego and collaboration are key values in the Risk & Trading department.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to optimize data pipelines and feature engineering for classification and prediction models
- Manage existing data transformation jobs for risk & trading relevant data, ensure completion daily, optimize code, troubleshoot any issues
- Optimize modeled metric pipelines, streamline execution times and prioritizations, reduce query execution times where possible, remove unnecessary or unused metrics
- Maintain business rule definitions, and code implementations
- Design and implement data quality checks and alerts to manage accuracy of underlying data, and ensure modeled metrics are fit for purpose
- Create and own a backlog of prioritized Tableau dashboard additions and improvements
- Maintain tableau dashboards, optimize code, troubleshoot issues
- Ensure optimal use of tableau resource, remove unused or under utilized dashboards
- Identifying potential improvements in underlying ingested data, or new data needs, and working with Data Engineering to prioritize and deliver
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced SQL coding and experience of manipulating large datasets
- Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, C# etc.)
- Strong problem solving ability and attention to detail are important
- Experience building data pipelines using Python and Databricks an advantage
- Experience working with data visualization tools like Tableau an advantage
- Undergraduate degree in a coding or technical discipline
- Interest in Sports an advantage
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!