Data Engineering Senior Manager - Insights Engineering
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data. As a Data Engineering Senior Manager in Insights Engineering, you will manage a data engineering team to ensure the proper upkeep of our analytic platforms within FanDuel organization by establishing platform governance and feature improvements to enable the business.
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise and develop their core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view. You will have established Software Engineer capabilities as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing a US data engineering team to meet customer, business, and technology needs. You’ll be also expected to influence the team to invent, evolve, and/or deprecate data solutions.
You should have a passion for imparting knowledge and a proven ability to grow a team and lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving; your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development and operational support, and you should be able to show a proven background in coaching/ people management.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful platform operations and stability.
- Continuously assess and improve platform operational processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement Redshift and Databricks best practices and ensure adherence to standards set.
- Manage incidents escalated from the support teams and establish procedures for follow up action.
- Able to scope a project and evaluate releases to ensure they meet business needs.
- Knows how to discern which features are essential, can be triaged, or omitted. Determines where to simplify, optimize, or extend solutions for the best outcomes.
- Drives resolution to data architecture deficiencies.
- Identify potential risks and challenges in project execution and work proactively to mitigate them.
- Effectively hires, manages performance, coaches, and promotes.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture to drive high performance.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- A minimum +5 years of experience in enterprise level data platform and business stakeholder enablement, with a strong track record of managing complex data envirorments.
- A strong technology background is required with a minimum of 7+ years of data engineering or data warehouse development experience including 3+ years in software delivery management roles preferred
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects at the same time is necessary
- Excellent people management, communication, presentation and facilitation skills are necessary
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!