Principal Software Engineer - Responsible Gaming & Compliance
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
FanDuel is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Responsible Gaming & Compliance Team. You’ll be working within the Core Product & Experience domain building new products, features and services which will protect our customers and provide best in class responsible gaming tools.
As a technical leader on your team, you work to deliver the right things with limited guidance and focus on complex, ambiguous problems. You will take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team and their successful launch.
- Take responsibility for Responsible Gaming and Compliance software architecture and services ensuring they are stable and scalable
- Set the bar for operational excellence metrics and performance
- Coach and mentor other Engineers
- Develop advanced machine learning algorithms and tools specifically designed for the purpose of fraud detection
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for technical leaders who take ownership of the code base and architecture while demonstrating experience of influencing the technical direction of a team.
- You’ll have experience in back end or full stack software development
- Exposure to cloud technologies, ideally AWS and Lambda
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment and driving operational excellence or best practice
- Experience of coaching and mentoring developers on your team
- Working in a regulated or compliance environment would be beneficial
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits
The Interview Process
- Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Hiring Manager Interview - Discussion based interview and Programming exercise
- Face to Face Interview - Discussion based interviews and System Design exercise
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.