Sportsbook Risk Vice President
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Sportsbook Risk Vice President will be accountable for the optimal performance of a Risk team of 90 highly talented employees (incl. Risk Operations Specialists, Analysts & Data Scientists) across 3 global offices. The person will work closely with VPs in Commercial, CRM, Trading, Technology, Sports Modeling & Finance teams to continuously drive improvement in business performance and customer experience
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Grow and oversee FanDuel Risk team, managing personnel across 3 global offices
- Clearly defined roles, objective performance management, talent development and engagement
- Provide a clearly articulated vision and develop strategies that are well aligned to long term business goals
- Strong thought leadership, direction, and support on key product, commercial & business development initiatives
- Executive and key stakeholder education and management; ensuring crystal clear understanding of and alignment on strategies, processes, and philosophies. Drive beneficial and pragmatic collaborations to realize our biggest opportunities
- Set a standard and culture of excellence on day-to-day risk management without peer in the global industry
Industry-Leading Customer Betting Experience
- Reduce friction around bet placement
- Clear communications and expectation setting with customers; in collaboration with product, customer service, accountant management and compliance teams
- Optimally support customer facing teams 24/7 to resolve queries and issues
- Enhance reputation by ensuring transparent and fair processes and actions; striking the right balance between optimizing customer experience and managing downside risk
- Ensure that Risk team are an integrated, helpful and collaborative partner to our colleagues at all times; working together on delivering against company strategy
- Accurately segment our customer base to support risk, trading, engagement, and account management teams. Use critical insights to inform price accuracy, generosity distribution, revenue optimization and resource allocation
- Manage and reduce avoidable revenue leakage through collaboration and analysis. Proactively identify and address price inefficiencies, technical shortcomings, fraudulent activity etc. Put in place protections against known open risks
- Top class process and communication around liability management that optimizes long term customer retention and business expected revenue within the guardrails of defined Group risk parameters
- Develop deep understanding of customer betting behaviors and activity both on and off our platform; using insights to positively influence pricing, product roadmaps and broader business strategies
- Price Assurance: reduce the likelihood and cost of pricing errors, regardless of source
- Support customer engagement and commercial teams with sophisticated mathematical models and technology that optimize cost efficiencies
- Develop deep understanding of industry suppliers, competitors, regulators; identify pragmatic partnerships, distill learnings & ideas to inform roadmaps and strategies
- Protect proprietary pricing, product and process IP
- Support Compliance teams with internal audits and such
- Support teams that face regulators, customers & media to address queries/concerns/issues
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Risk, Trading or related Sportsbook experience
- At least 7 years of experience leading and managing a team
- Deep understanding of math of bookmaking, mathematical modeling, and risk and/or trading or related sportsbook automation
- Must be able to obtain a gaming licence and satisfy all regulatory requirements
- Exceptional communicator and influencer
- Excellent organizer and collaborator
- Commercially savvy with a strategic mindset
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!