Senior Data Scientist
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Senior Data Scientist, to drive our Sportsbook customer generosity distribution and bonus spend optimization. In this role you will be responsible for customer segmentation, modeling, automation, reporting and data analysis across all areas of Sportsbook generosity distribution. Using your numerical and technology capabilities you will play a key role in bonus spend research, optimization and communication of results to CRM and Commercial senior management.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work in an environment where curiosity is rewarded and people are empowered to make decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for continual learning and developing innovative solutions to business problems.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead data science projects from start to finish, including working with stakeholders to agree project KPIs, and reporting on progress and outcomes throughout projects at agreed cadence;
- Deliver high-quality analysis, customer segmentation and predictive models which help drive incremental revenue through optimal automated bonus spend distribution;
- Improve our understanding of customer behaviors, efficiency of promotions, and effectiveness of bonus spend;
- Create, modify, and evolve models which solve business problems, and show demonstrable improvements to department KPIs;
- Through idea generation and exploratory analysis, develop new and innovative ways to turn behaviors into features for use in analysis, segmentation and predictive modeling;
- Demonstrate accurate insights and predictions using easy to interpret visualizations and clear explanations of results, recommendations, methods, biases and limitations;
- Work with Data Engineering and Analytics Engineer to optimize data quality and data modeling pipelines;
- Take responsibility to learn the necessary skills and techniques, in order to work with independence, integrity and accuracy;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to effectively identify areas for improvement, and support their strategic objectives;
- Assist in coaching, developing and performance managing less experienced team members;
- Contribute new ideas for data science projects which have demonstrable potential to improve revenue performance or customer experience;
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 4+ years of previous Data Science or Analytics Experience
- Minimum 2+ years building and deploying complex machine learning models with real world applications
- Have a highly-developed technical skill-set which facilitates high-quality, efficient & comprehensive quantitative analysis;
- Expert in SQL and experience of manipulating large datasets in Microsoft Excel
- Expert in statistical or programming software and techniques (e.g. in Python, R, C#, VBA , etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, experienced in explaining technical projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with data visualization tools like Tableau an advantage
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate or technical discipline
- Knowledge of sports is a plus
- Interest or experience in the Sports betting industry is an advantage
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!