Technical Program Manager
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organization. As a Technical Program Manager within Data at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of our vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every touchdown, every fumble, and every play into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better and faster decisions – outplaying our competition.
In this role, you will be a leader in the Engineering organization and the owner of a complex technology program. Your focus will be successfully delivering improvements to an existing technology platform or working to achieve a defined program’s goals, working within Data across multiple teams. You will work independently, seeking guidance as needed, to successfully deliver a complex program. To be successful, you’ll need to understand not only the consequences of data decisions but the larger business context. You will be a subject matter expert for this program, partnering with product, commercial, and engineering to ensure we balance customer experience (quality, depth of features, etc.) with speed of delivery. You’ll work diligently to meet timelines, mitigate risks, and use data to drive your decisions. You’ll make sure you get the right input from Sr. Engineers to make the right decisions.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Own the delivery of a technical program with significant impact across the entire engineering organization
- Demonstrate intense ownership for your program, stepping in to own and resolve issues/risks before they impact the program
- Provide visibility into the status of the program catered to multiple audiences, both with human perspective and using data
- Use your engineering know how, working with Sr. Engineers to identify architectural weakness and pressure-test designs
- Serve as a subject matter expert and single point of contact for the program. Grow into your role and be willing to learn
- Negotiate for resources and priorities using data and your referent authority
- Escalate when necessary appropriately
- Balance trade-off decisions between short-term and long-term needs
- Actively mentor other TPMs and engineers
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- 4+ years of Technical Program Management experience. Alternatively, program manager experience working closely with Engineering teams or experience as an Engineering Manager driving programs.
- Proven track record of ownership and driving programs.
- Experience driving out complex cross-cutting technology programs
- Demonstrated experience force multiplying
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Background with engineering programs. You can engage in an effective discussion with Engineers.
- Experience in the engineering field with an understanding of how to leverage processes to deliver more effectively
- Ability to understand architectural concepts such as scaling, robustness, etc.
- Previous TPM experience working with multiple teams in a scaled organization or similar Program Management experience with engineering teams
Additional Skills/Experience - Desired but not Necessary
- ETL/ELT pipelines using Python and Databricks
- Modeling and querying data using SQL and DBT
- Apache Airflow
- Distrubuted data systems such as Redshift, Athena, Spectrum, Spark, Hadoop, and Trino.
- Distributed event systems such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures
- Business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, Great Expectations)
- Machine learning and data science
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."