Senior Data Engineer - Data Governance
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a valued member of the Data Engineering Team, the Senior Data Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining secure data infrastructure, ensuring compliance with FanDuel and industry standards and regulations. Your expertise in compliance frameworks, coupled with your technical skills in Python, SQL, GitHub, Redshift, Databricks, and dbt, will be instrumental in driving the success of FanDuel's data security initiatives. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including data engineers, data analysts, and security professionals, to design and implement secure data pipelines, analyze security risks, and enhance overall data protection. The ability to work across organizations, a detailed approach and a passion for documentation are musts!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Working within Data Engineering and with the broader FanDuel Security/Compliance teams, this role will have the following responsibilities
- Develop and maintain secure data infrastructure, including designing and implementing data pipelines, ETL processes, and data access controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and compliance regimes (e.g., SOX, ISO, NIST etc.), including conducting regular audits and risk assessments.
- Implement and maintain data encryption, tokenization, and access control mechanisms to protect sensitive data.
- Utilize Python, SQL, GitHub, Redshift, Databricks, and dbt to design and secure data models, queries, and data integration workflows.
- Collaborate with FanDuel security teams to identify and mitigate potential vulnerabilities and security risks within data systems and infrastructure.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, tools, and technologies related to data security and compliance, and make recommendations for process improvements and enhancements.
- Participate in agile development practices, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives, to ensure timely and efficient project delivery.
- Collaborate with data engineers to support data initiatives, providing insights and guidance on data security and compliance.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Security Engineer or a similar role, with a strong focus on data security and compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance frameworks and regulations, such as SOX, ISO, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and SQL, with experience in leveraging these languages for data engineering tasks.
- Strong experience with version control systems like GitHub and working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based data platforms, such as Redshift and Databricks.
- Proven experience with AWS services, particularly IAM (Identity and Access Management).
- Familiarity with dbt (data build tool) and its application in data modeling and transformation.
- Understanding of data encryption, tokenization, and access control mechanisms.
- Knowledge of data security best practices, including secure coding practices, vulnerability management, and security incident response.
- Experience working in an agile environment, delivering high-quality results within defined sprint cycles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify and mitigate potential security risks.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."