Compliance Operations Senior Associate
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add a Senior Associate, Compliance Operations to the team. The Senior Associate, Compliance Operations will be responsible for FanDuel’s existing compliance operations functions, including employee play, external prohibited play, Gifts and Hospitality, Conflicts of Interest, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption. This role will also be responsible for managing and building out the operational processes for other compliance functions as the programs are designed. This will likely include VIP, Privacy, Marketing, electronic communications monitoring, and more.
This role will report into the Senior Manager, Compliance Operations, and sits within the FanDuel Group Compliance and Enterprise Risk function. Successful licensing with state gaming regulators may be required following employment.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Privacy Compliance:
- Assist in conducting privacy impact assessments to identify and address potential compliance risks.
- Track action items required to remediate identified risks across the privacy program, such as policy breaches or vendor deficiencies.
- User Requests and Inquiries:
- Process data subject access requests (DSARs) and other privacy-related inquiries promptly and accurately.
- Oversee email inbox for privacy-related questions and concerns.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure timely and compliant resolution of user requests.
- Third-Party Due Diligence:
- Assist in conducting privacy due diligence on third parties, such as by tracking completion of and reviewing due diligence questionnaires.
- Training and Awareness:
- Assist in the design and delivery of privacy training programs for employees to raise awareness and ensure adherence to relevant policies.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 2+ years of experience in a privacy-related role or equivalent field.
- Familiarity with global data protection laws and regulations, such as the CCPA, PIPEDA and GDPR.
- Experience in dealing with consumer privacy rights requests, PIAs, and other privacy compliance program elements is required.
- Prior experience in highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP/US, CIPM) beneficial but not required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret privacy-related laws, regulations, and policies.
- Strong attention to detail in identifying, reviewing, and assessing data processing activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for drafting clear privacy documentation and responding to inquiries.
- Ability to communicate privacy requirements and concepts to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing privacy landscape and evolving organizational needs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the business to implement and monitor privacy practices.
- Foster a culture of privacy awareness and responsibility across the organization.
- Proactive approach to identifying and solving privacy-related challenges.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find practical solutions within the bounds of privacy regulations.
- Familiarity with privacy management tools and software, particularly those used for DSAR requests and assessments.
- Basic understanding of IT and information security principles.
- Proficiency with Excel is required.
This job description is designed for a junior position, and candidates with 1-2 years of experience in a similar role are encouraged to apply. The Privacy Operations Senior Associate will play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the organization's privacy practices while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $70,000 - $85,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.