Product Design Intern - Summer 2024
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
FANDUEL SUMMER LEAGUE…
About our summer program
- 10-week program: Late May – Early August
- Hybrid work environment
- Meaningful opportunity to contribute to the work of our teams
- Cohort experience with social events & professional development opportunities
- Possibility to be considered for a full-time opportunity or return internship
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Product Design team as a summer intern. You’ll take part in meaningful work and real-life projects as you gain an in-depth look into the inner workings of one of the world's premier sports-technology & entertainment companies. You'll learn from some of the most innovative and experienced minds in the industry and improve your knowledge of product design in a fast-paced environment.
Come join FanDuel on our quest to offer the best-in-class sports gaming experience for our customers and fans.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Learn the inner workings of how FanDuel Group’s UX&D team creates industry-leading, innovative products for millions of sports fans.
- Contribute to ideation sessions for new initiatives and products
- Conduct competitive analysis and other user research processes and present the findings back to the team
- Gather feedback, data and research from relevant sources and use this to elevate and hone final outputs
- Collaborate with UX Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other Product Designers around product development ideation, conceptualization, and implementation
- You’ll be contributing to an area or project end-to end from initial requirements gathering to ideation, and production of final designs to be worked on alongside engineers
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Must be graduating between December 2024 – May 2025
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization and does not require employer sponsorship
- Must be in commutable distance from or willing to relocate to designated office
- Must be willing to be in office 2+ times per week
- Actively pursuing a degree focused on, User Experience, Digital Product Design, or HCI in a related area such as Digital Media, Graphic Design, illustration, or animation
- For content media team, actively pursuing a degree in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Journalism, Anthropology, Literature, or HCI
- Strong interest and passion in understanding and solving user problems
- You care about quality and understand some principles around creating high-quality designs
- Passionate about design, user experience, and technology
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!